Alum Creek State Park Receives Multiple Updates
Chamber dinner called ‘another great party’
S/BWACC directory available
Stunning foliage; quirky lodging beacons fall travelers to SE Ohio
Ballot Board Certifies the “Ohio Crime Victims Bill of Rights” As Single Ballot Issue
- Ballot Board Certifies the “Ohio Crime Victims Bill of Rights” As Single Ballot Issue - 5:04 pm
- Husband, Wife Indicted for Allegedly Stealing Thousands from Elderly Victim - 12:29 pm
- Former Officer to Repay $15,000 Stolen from“Shop With a Cop” Program - 2:27 pm
- Columbiana County Woman Pleads Guilty toFalsifying Voter Registrations - 2:05 pm
- Ohio Awards Certification to the Union County Sheriff’s Office for Adopting Standards - 11:17 am updated: 4:43 pm.
- Local business briefs - 6:29 pm
- Trump expected to submit budget blueprint on March 13 - 5:02 pm
- Remnants of pipeline protest camp go up in flames - 4:31 pm
- Mexicans weigh the daunting prospect of deportee camps - 3:55 pm
- GOP members of Congress meet with protests at town halls - 3:36 pm
- Rebel missile kills senior Yemeni general in Red Sea port - 3:07 pm
- Romanian lawmakers scrap decree that eased graft penalties - 2:59 pm
- Pretty for Prom again planned in Galena - 1:29 pm
- Barron Prize nominations accepted - 1:24 pm
- Galena man given community control for trespassing - 1:19 pm
- Student slaying suspect held without bond - 1:14 pm
- Contractors working on judicial building - 1:07 pm
- Driver in fatal crash charged with aggravated vehicular homicide - 1:06 pm
- Delaware County organic farmer honored - 12:55 pm
- 4-H season on the horizon - 10:40 am
- 4 options for BW’s overcrowding - 10:30 am
- Kahrl & Leone Insurance ribbon cutting - 10:19 am
- Brenner Chairman of Education Committee - 9:51 am
- 7th straight year of record growth - 12:14 pm
- Powell PD adopts standards - 6:29 pm
GOP members of Congress meet with protests at town halls
FAIRVIEW, Tenn. — Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn returned to her district Tuesday (Feb. 21) in Tennessee and was greeted by tough questions on...
Rebel missile kills senior Yemeni general in Red Sea port
SANAA, Yemen — A ballistic missile fired by Yemen’s Shiite rebels on Wednesday (Feb. 23) killed the deputy chief of staff of the country...
Romanian lawmakers scrap decree that eased graft penalties
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Romania’s parliament has endorsed a government order to scrap a decree that would have diluted the fight against...
Pretty for Prom again planned in Galena
Pretty For Prom is in its sixth year.The Journey Fellowship Church, located at 70 N. Walnut St. in Galena, offers high school girls the opportunity to...
Barron Prize nominations accepted
The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes celebrates inspiring, public-spirited young people from diverse backgrounds all across North America.Establis...
Galena man given community control for trespassing
A Galena man was sentenced to three years of community control after he pleaded guilty to illegally entering a Sunbury woman’s home in October.V...
Jackets beat Pens in OT
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Pittsburgh Penguins faced off on Feb. 17, and the CBJ won in overtime, 2-1. Officials waved off two apparent Jackets goa...
Ohio USHWA’s 2016 Awards
The Ohio Chapter of the United States Harness Writers Association handed out its annual awards at the Ohio Harness Horseman’s Association banque...
Coughlin Jr. reaches quarterfinals
Five-time Pro Stock champion Jeg Coughlin Jr. lost a close second-round battle with four-time Pro Stock champion Greg Anderson Sunday at Auto Club Rac...
Day no longer #1 after W. Coast Swing
LOS ANGELES — The refrain is becoming a tradition unlike any other, especially after a West Coast Swing like this one.“The Masters canR...
Big Walnut Varsity Sports roundup
2016-2017 Season remaining gamesOHSAA – Division 1 – Ohio Capital Conference - Golden Eagles – Red & GoldAngie Pollock, Superint...
Protecting streams that feed Lake Erie will take much work, study findsComputer model gauges ability to simultaneously rehabilitate lake, streams
COLUMBUS – While current efforts to curtail agricultural runoff will improve the health of Lake Erie, much more work will be needed to protect t...
Why Americans Waste So Much Food
COLUMBUS — Even though American consumers throw away about 80 billion pounds of food a year, only about half are aware that food waste is a prob...
Delaware author keeps ‘Rising Above’
Delaware resident Lu Ann Topovski’s second “Rising Above” book was released last year.The book is “Rising Above Modern Day Rel...
Hot weather pet care tipPet care expert and Dog Rescuer Gayla Frances Evans reminds pet owners to keep a watchful eye on your pets and others with the...
Autism improves after transplant
COLUMBUS – Children with autism may benefit from fecal transplants – a method of introducing donated healthy microbes into people with gas...
February wildlife programs available
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is hosting several more family-friendly events for people to enjoy during the rest of February. Ohioan...