Learn About the Fun of Girl Scouting at BW Scouts’ September 4 Cookout
The Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland Council and Big Walnut Girl Scouts invite you to attend a Welcome to Girl Scouts Cookout! Join us 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, September 4, at Sunbury United Methodist Church, 100 West Cherry Street in Sunbury. We’ll have hot dogs, chips and lemonade, and information about how to start your exciting Girl Scout journey. Learn about Girl Scout membership open to all girls in grades K through Grade 12.
Girl Scouts now offers six pathways to start your Girl Scouts journey: Events, Series, Camp, Travel, Troop and Virtual. The troop pathway is the traditional way girls have participated in Girl Scouts. Troops are still very popular and a wonderful way to be involved, however now there are a number of ways to be involved in scouting. Now, you have your own options and choices about how YOU experience Girl Scouts. Today you have all these opportunities:
• EVENTS: Come on your own or with a friend to events centered on topics that interest you.
• SERIES: Explore your interests in a series of activities without committing to a full year.
• CAMP: Experience the great outdoors at overnight or day camp.
• TRAVEL: Travel across town, throughout the country, or around the world.
• TROOP: Participate in exciting activities that last throughout the school year.
• VIRTUAL: Coming soon! Interact online with girls and volunteers in a safe, secure online environment.
You may start on one pathway and change your mind and take part in another. Or, you may decide to participate in more than one pathway. The first step is simply being a girl who wants to make choices about her own path. Mix and match based on your interests and create your own journey filled with wonderful adventures!
Parents can also find out about volunteer opportunities with Girl Scouts: share your skills, spend time with your daughter and her friends, and make new friends. Find the opportunity and time commitment that works for you! Join us September 4!
2012 is the Year of the Girl as Girl Scouts celebrates 100 years!
For more information, email < BWGirlScouts@gmail.com >.