Flu shots available at DGHD Clinics
The Delaware General Health District is offering seasonal flu immunizations to protect residents during the upcoming flu season.
Again this year, the DGHD joins the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in recommending flu shots for everyone aged six months or older. Flu shots protect the recipient from getting flu, and protect the community by preventing the spread of flu. Supplies of flu vaccine are ample this season.
The DGHD is offering flu shots at walk-in clinics and by appointment again this year at its downtown clinic and at a number of other convenient Delaware County locations during October. In addition to the regular seasonal vaccine, the Health District offers Flu Mist nasal spray vaccine to healthy persons ages two to 49, and Fluzone High Dose vaccine to persons 65 and older. Also, pneumonia immunizations are available to adults at all DGHD flu shot clinics.
To schedule an appointment (which we recommend to save you time) or get more information, phone our clinic at 740–203-2040 or go to < www.delawarehealth.org > and click on the link to make your appointment. Information about flu clinics also is available by phoning 740–203-2015.
DGHD flu clinics are scheduled at 3 West Winter Street, Delaware, on:
• Every Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 12 noon through December.
• Saturday mornings, October 13 and 27, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
• Tuesday evenings, October 2, 9, 16 and 23, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
DGHD flu clinics are also planned at the following locations:
• Genoa Township Hall, 5111 South Old 3C Highway, Westerville, on Wednesday, October 17, from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 7991 Columbus Pike, Lewis Center, on Wednesday, October 24, from 4 to 7 p.m.
The DGHD accepts most insurance plans including Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Managed Care Plans. Flu shots cost $10 for children through age 18 and $20 for adults. Flu Mist costs $10 for children and $30 for adults. A sliding fee scale is available that may reduce the cost.