Are people and programs getting squeezed?
Pressure Points: Delaware County Responds to Poverty and Drug Abuse
Thursday, March 30; 7-9 PM; Delaware Area Career Center North Campus; 1610 SR 521, Delaware 43015
A free public information program focused on areas impacted by the drug abuse epidemic and compounded by poverty issues. Panelists: Food insecurity: Brandon Feller, President, United Way of Delaware County; Drug abuse: Russell Martin, Delaware County Sheriff; Homeless youth: Melissa Humbert, Regional Housing Director, Salvation Army; Teen moms: Courtnie Howell, Stable Cradle Advocate, Maryhaven.
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Delaware County and the United Way of Delaware County Questions? Email [email protected] or call 740-368-9001
Vietnam Veterans Day Dinner
A Vietnam Veterans Day Dinner will be held March 30 at All Occasions Catering, 6989 Waldo-Delaware Road, Waldo, OH 43356. Doors open at 5 p.m. This dinner/Welcome Home Celebration is open to the public.
To purchase tickets, call Bob Coy at 740-990-0380. Deadline for reservations is March 20.
SBWACOC Chamber items
- The PTO at General Rosecrans Elementary is looking for speakers for their 7th Annual Discovery Day on May 17th. If you’re interested in being part of this great event by presenting your business, trade or expertise to students, please contact Tara Shelby.
- The Sunbury/Big Walnut Area Chamber of Commerce recently announced the hire of new Chamber Administrative Assistant Tiffany Von Almen. Her hours will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. in the Chamber’s Sunbury office.
- Please join us at beautiful Northstar Golf Club as we celebrate the accomplishments of some of our local high school students, and honor them at our Quarterly May Membership Breakfast! Date: May 5, 2017; Time: 07:30 AM – 09:00 AM EDT. Location: Northstar Golf Club; 1150 Wilson Road; Sunbury 43074; (740) 524-4653. Contact: John Fox, Executive Director, SBWACOC. Email: [email protected] Fees/Admission: Free to all members thanks to our generous sponsors!
- VFW Post 8736 presents a Spring Crafts Show & More! – (Sat., 3/18/17, 9 am – 2pm @ Gerald Fletcher Veterans Hall – see registration info on event page) http://www.sunburybigwalnutchamber.com/events/details/auxiliary-of-vfw-post-8736-spring-crafts-show-more-3202
- An Evening with CHRIS SPIELMAN: Overcoming Hardships While Maintaining a Faith-Filled Positive Outlook – (4/30, 7pm @ St. John Neumann Church- ALL ARE WELCOME!) http://www.sunburybigwalnutchamber.com/events/details/an-evening-with-chris-spielman-how-do-we-overcome-hardships-and-maintain-a-faith-filled-positive-outlook-in-the-midst-of-circumstances-beyond-our-control-3145
- HOMEGROWN & HANDMADE! Join us for the Sunbury Farmers’ Market on the scenic Sunbury Square each Saturday, beginning May 20th and running through October 14th – (register online on event page if interested in being a vendor) http://www.sunburybigwalnutchamber.com/events/details/sunbury-farmers-market-05-20-2017-2571
County road work
- The Delaware County has announced that Steitz Road between Hyatts and Home roads will not be closed at this time due to the weather. This project will be completed at a later date.
- Dustin Road will be closing between South 3 B’s & K and Rome Corners roads for a culvert replacement project. The road will close Monday, March 20, and is scheduled to open Friday, March 24.
For more information, call the Engineer’s office at 740-833-2400.
Quarter Horse Congress schedule out
The schedule for the 51st annual All American Quarter Horse Congress, held October 3-29, 2017, has been set by the Ohio Quarter Horse Association. Find the list of New Classes and Dates to Remember at www.quarterhorsecongress.com
Genoa Twp. meetings
- The Genoa Township Board of Trustees will be meeting in Special Session on Monday, March 20, 2017, at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Genoa Township Conference Room, 5111 South Old 3C Highway, Westerville, Ohio 43082. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss and possibly approve changes to the personnel policy manual. The Trustees may choose to hold an Executive Session to consider the appointment, employment, or compensation of public employees.
- The Genoa Township Board of Trustees will be meeting in Special Session on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Genoa Township Conference Room, 5111 S. Old 3C Highway, Westerville, Ohio, 43082. The purpose of this meeting will be to review and discuss applications from residents interested in serving on; the Board of Zoning Appeals, Citizen’s Fire/EMS Advisory Committee, Citizen’s Police Advisory Committee, Finance and Audit Advisory Committee, Investment Committee, Parks Advisory Committee, and/or Zoning Commission. The Trustees may choose to hold an Executive Session to consider the appointment of a public official(s).
- The Genoa Township Fiscal Advisory and Audit Committee will be meeting on Thursday, April 27, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Genoa Township Conference Room, 5111 South Old 3C Highway, Westerville, Ohio 43082.
The Village of Galena Zoning & Planning Commission Meeting on March 15, 2017 was Canceled due to a lack of business.