The Delaware County Board of Commissioners is seeking to appoint four community members to the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission Board.
The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) is a voluntary association of Central Ohio governments and regional organizations which envisions and embraces innovative directions in transportation, energy, housing, land use, the environment and economic prosperity. The Commissioners will appoint four members to three year terms beginning Oct. 1, 2014 and ending Sept. 30, 2017.
Due to the increase in population of Delaware County, the Board of Commissioners have the ability to appoint four community members to serve alongside the three commissioners as members from Delaware County. Members would be required to attend meetings in Columbus on the third Thursday of every month at 1:30 p.m. at the MORPC offices.
The Commission supports diversity in all of its activities, consequently members are strongly encouraged to appoint representatives who can speak for diverse groups including disadvantaged, low income and minority groups. The commission can also benefit from additional expertise such as housing, financial, planning, technology, energy, etc., and members are encouraged to consider appointment of representatives with such relevant expertise.
In order for the Commission to retain its role as a forum for central Ohio’s local government leaders, each full member shall be represented by at least one elected or appointed official who has a high degree of decision-making authority.
Members’ backgrounds may include:
• Higher Education officials;
• Health care provider;
• Agricultural/ Local foods community;
• Community or government relations background;
• Public and private colleges and universities;
• Former county, township or municipal elected officials who are not current members;
• Private nonprofit and for-profit entities that provide transportation, energy or mapping.
Interested individuals can obtain a Board Appointment application through the Delaware County Commissioners Office by:
• Picking up a Board Appointment application at 101 North Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015;
• Calling the Delaware County Commissioners Office at (740) 833-2100 to have a Board Appointment application sent to you;
• Printing a Board Appointment application off of the Delaware County website at www.co.delaware.oh.us and mailing it back to the address listed above.
Completed Appointment applications must be returned to the Delaware County Commissioners Office no later than 5 p.m. Sept. 8.